Every one of us has stayed in a Hotel or a Lodge at least once in our lifetime as we have got stuck in some other places while heading or returning from the work. The work may be personal, professional, educational, vacations, etc. The hotels are common and available more in number the road and streets but lodges are less in numbers and are not everywhere. Looking at this we might have got confused with the difference between a Hotel and a Lodge. Both of them provide accommodation for visitors and charge them for the stay, hotels are usually cheaper than the lodges.
Hotels and lodges are an important part of tourism, they generate revenue from the tourists and help to strengthen the economy. The count of hotels and lodges is increasing day by day due to the increase in the number of visitors worldwide. Tourism is encouraged by the Government of various countries due to the fact that every tourist who spends $10 is responsible to generate an additional $0.1 revenue indirectly.
Hotels are building structures which have multiple spacious and hygienic rooms for the visitors along with other facilities like eating and continuous room services. Hotels also contains a swimming pools along with bars and restaurants. Hotels usually look enormous and are rated as 3 stars, 5 stars and highest 7 stars depending upon the facilities provided and the quality of services offered. A hotel has a variety of ranges depending on the budget, it may be of an ordinary type to luxurious hotels and are easily available upon search.
A lodge is a place that provides dedicated service for accommodation in exchange for the payment. They do not have restaurant facilities and are best suited for the stay of a short duration. It is good for a comfortable stay along with the safety of your luggage, but they do not provide you a meal. The high budget lodges have well-furnished rooms and good room maintenance services.
Major Difference between a Lodge and a Hotel:
- ● Both hotels and lodges provide accommodation to those who pay for it, while hotels provide meals where lodges do not
- ● Hotels are more in number compared to the lodges
- ● Garhwal
- ● Hotels are Modern structures or Giant Traditional Buildings Whiles Lodges are Rustic
- ● Lodges are suitable to provide short-duration accommodation for travelers
- ● Hotels have many more features other than accommodation compared to the lodges
- ● Lodges are mostly crowded and rooms are very small but Hotels are spacious and rooms are decent in size
- ● Most of the Lodges provide you common Restroom Unlike Hotels where you mostly have attached and Hygienic Restrooms
- ● Hotels mostly do not provide dormitories but Lodges do have dormitories facilities
- ● As Compared to Hotels most Lodges do not provide Pre-Bookings or Online Bookings
- ● One could find ample parking space for all types of vehicles in a Hotel while Lodges do not facilitate with Parking areas
Dayara Resort is one such Hotel situated in the lapse of nature in Uttarakhand, Garhwal Himalayas. It welcomes you to have a comfortable stay within the mountains throughout the year and one can also plan Chardhamyatra stay at this hotel while in Uttarkashi. One can have Online Booking of the Hotel through various booking sites available at an affordable price. The facilities provided are worth the value of the money you pay for the room. There are lot many places to explore while staying at Dayara Resort