Uttrakhand which is located in the north part of India is a perfect example of the beauty of nature, it is home for mountains, rivers, forests, flora, and faunas and this has turned the state as one of the favorite tourist destinations in India since ancient times. Hundreds of pilgrim centers are situated in the state and it represents the ancient Indian culture and tradition. The state is also rich with all kinds of natural resources and you can also make your stay comfortable in Hotel and resort in Garhwal Himalayas. The knowledge of our ancient Yoga and Ayurveda is preserved making our country feel great. Thinking about tourism in the Uttrakhand, a lot of places are there to relax and enjoy nature’s beauty. If you have not visited yet, plan for a long vacation in Uttrakhand along with your family or friends, and do not forget to try some of the adventurous activities mentioned below to make your trip memorable:
1. Trekking and Hiking in The Himalayas
Trekking in The Himalayas will be a great experience with your groups. Though the trek is not easy but also not impossible. A lot of research has to be done before beginning the trek as some trekking routes are easy and some are difficult to go ahead due to the variation in the height of the cliff. Below are some trekking routes in Uttrakhand:
- ● Kedartal Trek(Located in the Gangotri area of the Garhwal Himalayas) This has an altitude of about 16,110 feet with moderate difficulty with an average duration of 7 days and best suited in the months of May-June and September-October.
- ● Rupin Pass Trek(Located near Dhaula) This has an altitude of about 15,250 feet with moderate difficulty with an average duration of 8 days and best suited in the months of May-June and September-October.
- ● Kedarkanth Trek(Start from Sankri village) This has an altitude of about 12,500 feet with an easy difficulty level with an average duration of 5 days and best suited in the months from December to April.
- ● Bali Pass Trek This has an altitude of about 16,250 feet with high difficulty level with an average duration of 9 days and best suited in the summer months of May-June and September-October.
- ● Auden’s Col Trek(Commences from Gangotri) This has an altitude of about 18,020 feet with a very high difficulty level with an average duration of 16 days and best suited in the summer months and post-monsoon September-October. This route is considered to be a very difficult and challenging one as woodlands, snow peaks, and glaciers are found in this route.
- ● Har Ki Dun Trek This has an altitude of about 11,500 feet with an easy difficulty level with an average duration of 7 days and best suited in the months of March-June and September-December. This route is one of the easiest trekking routes in Uttrakhand.
- ● Satopanth Lake Trek This has an altitude of about 14,600 feet with moderate difficulty with an average duration of 8 days and best suited in the months of June, September, and December.
- ● Valley of Flowers Trek(a UNESCO Heritage Site) This has an altitude of about 14,200 feet with an easy difficulty level with an average duration of 5 days and best suited in the months of June-October.
- ● Brahmatal Trek This has an altitude of about 19,520 feet with a very high difficulty level with an average duration of 15 days and best suited in the months of June-September.
Paragliding is a kind of sport that is associated with flying from a height. Mussoorie, Naukuchiatal in Nainital, Pithoragarh, BedniBugyal in Kumaon, and Pratap Nagar are the best places for paragliding in Uttrakhand. This sport is not suited for all, as some people fear from heights.
Skiing is the movement by sliding on snow using the skis. Auli, Betulidhar, DayaraBugyal, Kedarnath trek, Khaliya Top, Mundali are the important skiing destinations in Uttarakhand.
4. White Water Rafting
Rafting is a kind of outdoor activity that involves navigating a river or any water bodies. Byasi, Devprayag, Mori, Rishikesh, and Shivpuri are famous white water rafting places in Uttrakhand. One will get luxurious Hotel and Resort near Gangotri with all the modern facilities.
Camping is an activity carried out for self-relaxation involving an overnight stay in a tent or temporary shelter away from home. Shivpuri, Nainital, Rishikesh, Kanatal, Deoria Tal, Corbett, Auli, Chopta, Dhanaaulti, Binsar, Pangot, Jharipani, Chaukori, DayaraBugryal, BedniBugyal, Nag Tibba, Dodital, Sattal are the famous camping spots in Uttrakhand.
6. Elephant Safari
Elephant safari, an amazingly awesome experience in Uttarakhand. Bijrani, Corbett National Park, Dhikala, Durga Devi Gate, Jhirna, Kalagarh Gate, Rajaji Tiger Reserve, Ramnagar, Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary and Vatanvasa Gate are some famous place for elephant safari.
Rappelling is a form of controlled descending using a rope from a vertical point such as a rock face on a tall cliff. The mountains suited for rappelling are located in Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Rudraprayag, Dehradun, Uttarkashi, Haridwar, TehriGarhwal, Almora, Udham Singh Nagar districts of Uttrakhand.
8. Giant Swing
The giant swing is an activity of swinging on a metallic wire and moving slowly from one place to another, both located at certain heights. Rishikesh is the most popular place in Uttrakhand for giant swing.
9. Cable Car Ride
The cable car ride gives you a fantastic aerial view of a mountain, rivers, farms from the top. Aerial Ropeway Nainital, Auli, Dehradun-Mussoorie Ropeway, Haridwar, and Sahastradhara are the top places for a cable car ride in Uttrakhand.
10. Bungee Jumping
Bungee jumping is an activity that involves jumping from a great height with a large elastic cord tied to the body. The jump may be from a cliff, tall building, bridge, etc. Rishikesh is a famous place for bungee jumping in Uttarakhand.